Before You Measure A Horse for a Snaffle Bridle:
- You will need a flexible measuring tape
- Make sure your bridle is done up on the correct holes with the bits you will be using. Bits can radically change the size of bridle you require
- Measure your already assembled bridle - no need to disassemble and make flat
Measuring A Horse for a Snaffle Bridle:
- Take the tape and measure from top of the bit over the crown to the top of the bit on the other side.
- Measure the browband from end to end
- Measure the circumference of the noseband. Do it up on the hole it is normally done up on. Start at the buckle and measure on the outside of the noseband around the circumference back to the buckle.
Please note: All of our measurements are on the middle holes. Please add your measurements to notes on checkout if you are unsure and we can match your measurements or will contact you if there are any queries.
We recommend you watch the how to measure your snaffle bridle youtube tutorial. See below for a link.
Please email us with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
HERE IS A SIZE COMPARISON FOR YOUR LOCAL SIZING
Please note this is an approximation and please use our size chart to get our exact sizing.
BIT TO BIT MEASUREMENT
MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN WITH THE CHEEK PIECES MOUNTED ON THE MIDDLE HOLE OF THE HEADPIECE STRAPS
MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN FROM END TO END OF THE BROWBAND
MEASURE THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE NOSEBAND, STARTING AND ENDING WITH THE BUCKLE
NOSEBAND WIDTH MEASUREMENT
Measure the length of a single rein from the end of the bit loop to the buckle.
Please note that the bit loop should be done up as though attached to a bit ring.